Hebrews 6:1-2 says,
‘Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go onto maturity,not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works,and of faith in God, instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment’
This section was inspired by the late Derek Prince, probably one of the greatest Bible teachers who had ever lived in the last century.
If a Christian wants to build a strong foundation, this is the place to begin ….
- To know God, we must possess ‘poverty of spirit’. But what exactly is ‘poverty of spirit? See D168 and B155.
- What does it mean we are sinners? And how does it impact our relationship with God? See D169 to D173, D30
- What do we need to do in order for us to be reconciled with God? See D174 and D175
- What happens when we become Christians? See D176 to D178
Repentance from Dead Works and Faith Toward God
- What are the TWO quintessential foundational pre-requisites to be a Christian? See D184 and D185
- What does ‘repentance’ mean? See D185 and B154, B159, S139
- What is our Christian growth measured by? See D188, D186, B156
- What does walking in faith mean? See B162 to B164
- Explain maturing faith? See B162 to B168, Also see B172 and B175.
Prayer and Laying of Hands
Baptism with the Holy Spirit and Water
Resurrection of the Dead
- Who will be judged at the end of the age? See D204
- How will we be judged? See D205, D207
- For believers, how will we be judged and rewarded? See D206, D209
- What will heaven be like? See D214 and D215